You know that nursery rhyme – rain, rain, go away, come again another day. Well, living in an RV brings a whole new level to that little ditty.
Living in less than 300 sq. ft. has delightful benefits, but one of them isn’t never being able to go outside. If you are in a 2,000 sq ft house in dreary weather, you can wander from room to room and not get too ‘stir crazy’ – at least for a while.
But in a tiny house, rain for 2 or 3 straight days can definitely give you cabin fever. One of the great benefits of living small is that you can do things you enjoy – namely, being outside. Whether you like to fish, bike, or just sit in a comfy chair and read, being outside is the best.
When you can’t be outside, the lifestyle has some drawbacks. Especially if you have a dog…they HAVE to go outside occasionally, and most of them are not fond of getting rained on.
So what’s a body to do when there are days of rain?
- Binge Netflix. But then, everyone else in the RV Park is doing that too, so you probably won’t be streaming much.
- Read a book. Yes. If you like books. And have Kindle. Because most of us don’t travel with many actual books.
- Do a craft project. If you are crafty and have supplies.
- Clean out your cupboards. It might not be spring, but it’s a good project for a rainy day.
- Write a blog post about your travels. Especially those sunny places you’ve been.
- Get out of the RV. Drive to a nearby coffee shop and sip for a while. They usually have wifi and you can hang out without looking too forlorn. Or stalky.
What have you done to pass the time on the dreary, rainy days? Cuz I could use some ideas.